I’ve been writing about the possible medical implications of virtual worlds for years. We do case presentations in Second Life and organize medical events in virtual environments almost for free. And now here are two more examples.
Dr James Bateman (Coventry & Warwickshire University Hospitals) talks about how virtual patients can be integrated into simulation-based teaching.
More about medicine in the virtual worlds:
- Top 10: Virtual Medical Sites in Second Life!
- How and Why to use Second Life for Education?
- Scientific Events in Second Life?
- 23andMe in Second Life: LIVE
- Nature’s role in e-Science: Second Life conference LIVE
- Famous Scientific Bloggers in Second Life: LIVE
- SciFoo lives on in Second Life: Web 2.0 and Medicine
- Live Blogging Today: First Medical Simulation in Second Life!
- Near-real Clinical Experience in Second Life
- Unique Medical Simulation in Second Life!
- New Educational Tools in Second Life
- Genetics in Second Life
- Interview about the genetic revolution of Second Life
- Electronic Medical Records in a Virtual Hospital: Interview!
- From Virtuality to Reality: Second Life Fitness