Twitip published a list of tips for health professionals using Twitter.
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality is equally important online as it is offline.
- Respect: People are not stupid.
- Language: Don’t use jargon.
- Advice: Be aware of the advice that you provide on twitter.
- Engage: Work with those in your profession or industry to get more evidence based positive health messages out there.
- Align: Before you get onto social media sites to promote yourself, determine who your ideal follower is, and therefore aim for your posts to align with what they would like to hear.
I thought it’s also time to collect my entries dedicated to this topic, so enjoy:
- If you’re new to Twitter
- Twitter And Health 2.0: A Visual Story
- Follow me on Twitter, if…
- 10 Tips: How to filter discussions on Twitter?
- The Youngest Twitterer and the Future of Health Management
- What you have to know about Twitter
- 10 Reasons Why I Use Twitter
- Tips and Tricks: Is Twitter reliable?