It’s a huge pleasure to announce that this Thursday I will launch the Social Media in Medicine university course again at Semmelweis University in Budapest. 10 weeks, 16 extended topics, two surveys, one exam, a lot of practical examples and challenges.
This course is still unique worldwide and I created a digital format as well so not only medical students at Semmelweis University can acquire these digital skills.
I cannot wait to start working with the medical students who would like to learn about using social media as professionals. The materials are available in The Social MEDia Course.
Here is the timeline:
- 21 February: Introduction to social media and medicine
- 28 February: Medical search engines and the Google story
- 7 March: Being up to date with RSS and Education 2.0
- 21 March: The mysteries of medical blogging
- 4 April: Using Twitter for medical purposes
- 11 April: Medical communities, online collaboration, mobile apps
- 18 April: The world of e-patients and health 2.0
- 25 April: Wikipedia and medical wikis
- 2 May: Written exam and Virtual Worlds in Medicine
- 9 May: The future of medicine and social media; results of the surveys