Artificial narrow intelligence (ANI) will most likely help healthcare move from traditional, „one-size-fits-all” medical solutions towards targeted treatments, personalized therapies, and uniquely composed drugs. In two words: precision medicine. However, before we let ANI take over the stage in healthcare, stakeholders should consider several ethical and legal issues.
The Medical Futurist Institute, the very first research institute specializing in digital health, was launched on 17 October 2017. We, the team of The Medical Futurist are incredibly happy to be able to share what we have been working on with you. The aim of the Institute is to prepare every stakeholder of healthcare for […]
Have you ever thought that it would be possible to monitor drug overdoses, Zika cases or the spread of the flu in real time? Have you ever imagined that satellites wouldbe able to tell how and where a malaria epidemic will happen months before the actual outbreak? It is mind-blowing how, in the last years, […]
How many times have I tried to promote the educational opportunities Second Life provides?
Well, now the healthcare team of Barack Obama tries to see how such a virtual world could be used while reforming healtchare.
Draxtor Despres has recently participated in a community discussion on healthcare and looked at the potential:
This year, I will attend again the Medicine Meets Virtual Reality 17 conference that will take place in Long Beach, CA between the 19th and the 22nd of January. Now I’m a member of the organizing committee and have been managing a blog for the conference for a few months.
I will present a slideshow “Practicing medicine in the web 2.0 era” and will also present in the Salon:
University of Debrecen, Hungary
Demonstration: Discovering the Virtual World of Medicine through Second Life provides medical educators and students with numerous educational opportunities and tools while visiting the places and islands that can change the way medical education is delivered today.
Scifoo lives on is a conferences series launched by Jean-Claude Bradley. After several successful events, we keep on organizing new ones but now would like you to weigh in. Which topic we should dedicate the next sessions to in 2009?
- 23andMe in Second Life: LIVE
- Nature’s role in e-Science: Second Life conference LIVE
- Famous Scientific Bloggers in Second Life: LIVE
- Live Coverage: SciFoo lives on session about videos in science
- Live Coverage Now: SciFoo lives on session about the definition of Open Science
- SciFoo lives on in Second Life: Web 2.0 and Medicine
- SciFoo lives on: in Second Life
First, Merry Christmas to you all, dear readers!
Second, we plan to do many more medical simulations in Second Life at the Ann Myers Medical Center. If you are a doctor, a nurse or a healthcare worker interested in virtual education and would like to give a slideshow about your field of interest, please send me an e-mail (berci.mesko at gmail.com).
To see a few examples, please check these posts and screenshots.
- Live Blogging Today: First Medical Simulation in Second Life!
- Unique Medical Simulation in Second Life!
- Everything about Second Life and Medical Education
- Virtual Medical Center: the Future of Medical Education
- Take Part in Constructing the Future of Medical Education: Join the Virtual Medical Center
- Scientific Research and Medicine in Second Life