Experts and visionaries such as Elon Musk (SpaceX) envisioned a trip to Mars in the near future. Knowing medicine and healthcare both as a physician and The Medical Futurist, I believe the biggest obstacle to reach this goal is not rocket technology. Improving medicine with the help of digital health technologies is actually a bigger challenge […]
Healthcare is unsustainable: the cost of care is rising and there is a shortage of doctors worldwide. But did you know that its biggest cause is our laziness? It basically destroys healthcare. But don’t panic, I’m going to show you what to do in order to save it.
CRISPR is the newest, most efficient and most accurate method to edit a cell’s genome. We have to understand it and prepare for the medical revolution it brings upon us, so here I summarized everything to know about this genome editing method from DNA-scissors to currently unimaginable possibilities, such as having an army of gene-edited soldiers. […]
How many times have I tried to promote the educational opportunities Second Life provides?
Well, now the healthcare team of Barack Obama tries to see how such a virtual world could be used while reforming healtchare.
Draxtor Despres has recently participated in a community discussion on healthcare and looked at the potential:
This year, I will attend again the Medicine Meets Virtual Reality 17 conference that will take place in Long Beach, CA between the 19th and the 22nd of January. Now I’m a member of the organizing committee and have been managing a blog for the conference for a few months.
I will present a slideshow “Practicing medicine in the web 2.0 era” and will also present in the Salon:
University of Debrecen, Hungary
Demonstration: Discovering the Virtual World of Medicine through Second Life provides medical educators and students with numerous educational opportunities and tools while visiting the places and islands that can change the way medical education is delivered today.
Scifoo lives on is a conferences series launched by Jean-Claude Bradley. After several successful events, we keep on organizing new ones but now would like you to weigh in. Which topic we should dedicate the next sessions to in 2009?
- 23andMe in Second Life: LIVE
- Nature’s role in e-Science: Second Life conference LIVE
- Famous Scientific Bloggers in Second Life: LIVE
- Live Coverage: SciFoo lives on session about videos in science
- Live Coverage Now: SciFoo lives on session about the definition of Open Science
- SciFoo lives on in Second Life: Web 2.0 and Medicine
- SciFoo lives on: in Second Life
First, Merry Christmas to you all, dear readers!
Second, we plan to do many more medical simulations in Second Life at the Ann Myers Medical Center. If you are a doctor, a nurse or a healthcare worker interested in virtual education and would like to give a slideshow about your field of interest, please send me an e-mail (berci.mesko at gmail.com).
To see a few examples, please check these posts and screenshots.
- Live Blogging Today: First Medical Simulation in Second Life!
- Unique Medical Simulation in Second Life!
- Everything about Second Life and Medical Education
- Virtual Medical Center: the Future of Medical Education
- Take Part in Constructing the Future of Medical Education: Join the Virtual Medical Center
- Scientific Research and Medicine in Second Life