In Second Life, we have some new tools and gadgets to work with at the Ann Myers Medical Center. I would like to share some examples with you and if you’re interested, I would love to be your guide inside the virtual world.
There is a laptop with plenty of educational resources. If you click on it, you can choose which field you are interested in. Then you can access multiple websites focusing on medical quizzes and radiological images on the browser of SL.
A group of Dutch physicians wanted to see more on the site so we showed them around. At this point, the equipment has no useful function, but we plan to upload CT images (among others)
Now there are two chairs (one for a doctor and one for a patient) where we can listen to cardiac murmurs or lung sounds:
And one more thing. As we often have groups looking around at the center, now (thanks to our builder, Nixx) we can use group teleportation as well.
- Live Blogging Today: First Medical Simulation in Second Life!
- Everything about Second Life and Medical Education
- Interview about the genetic revolution of Second Life
- Electronic Medical Records in a Virtual Hospital: Interview!
- Scientific Research and Medicine in Second Life
- Forterra: Medical Simulations and Hospital Training
- From Virtuality to Reality: Second Life Fitness