I’ve recently come across the island of the University of Auckland, New Zealand in Second Life where they try to create a medical simulation.
This simulation is being constructed to explore the potential of virtual worlds to offer near-real clinical and human experiences for medical training.
Most of the “build” to date has been focused on the physical structures and equipment, however continued work will be to animate equipment and avatars to simulate real-life contingencies.
If you want to know the exact location of the site, please contact me.
UPDATE: Thanks to Chris Paton, here is a video about the site:
- Top 10: Virtual Medical Sites in Second Life!
- How and Why to use Second Life for Education?
- Scientific Events in Second Life?
- Live Blogging Today: First Medical Simulation in Second Life!
- Unique Medical Simulation in Second Life!
- Everything about Second Life and Medical Education
- New Educational Tools in Second Life
- NHS London in Second Life
- Interview about the genetic revolution of Second Life
- Electronic Medical Records in a Virtual Hospital: Interview!