While many technologies are advancing at an almost exponential pace; the loss of the human touch, failures at preventing diseases, rising costs and doctor shortages influence the days of patients and physicians. It’s time to change that. It’s time to upgrade our health with amazing technologies without becoming cyborgs. This way, there will be no limits to what humanity can achieve.
To support this mission, I answer the forty most exciting questions covering the future of robotics, sensors and medical algorithms I have ever received after my talks; and I also describe how I have been upgrading my health for a decade in my new book, My Health: Upgraded (paperback & e-book).
The book consists of three parts:
- The Technological Revolution in Medicine: Information in our DNA can predict our future health. Biotechnology advances enable medical scientists to produce cells that fight tumors. Wearable devices measure our vital signs while at home. What we would have considered science fiction a decade ago is quickly advancing modern health care, and we haven’t seen anything yet.
- The Most Exciting Questions About The Future Of Medicine: I offer a fresh look at how innovative technologies enable us to change health care for the long term. I share advances such as the present reality of surgical robots and tackle questions such as whether nanorobots will ever swim in our bloodstream or whether actual, functioning organs can be made with 3-D printers.
- Upgrading My Health: To keep readers grounded in the here and now, I discuss how I use technology to monitor and improve my own health. From charting my sleeping patterns to using exercise motivation apps, I give detailed examples of how we can use technology to live a healthy and proactive life.
With the unique graphics of Richard Horvath and the wonderful interior design of Roland Rekeczi, every futuristic thought and idea is visualized.
Here is the book trailer and you can find examples for advanced praise from Dr. Eric Topol and E-Patient Dave deBronkart, among others, below.
The book also includes movie suggestions and the top hashtags for each of the 40 topics. I hope you will enjoy reading it. You can get the paperback and the e-book here.
Advanced Praise for My Health: Upgraded
“Dr. Bertalan Mesko, the consummate medical futurist, takes us on an extended technological tour – one that bodes well for how healthcare can advance.”
— Dr. Eric Topol, author of The Patient Will See You Now, Professor of Genomics, The Scripps Research Institute
“Dr. Bertalan Mesko has been called a thought leader thanks to his views on the future of medicine, and his latest book proves yet again just why he deserves that title. Dr. Mesko’s thoughts on digital health are comprehensive and innovative, but most importantly, they are accessible and easily understood. This thrilling book is a must-read for patients, providers, and all other stakeholders interested in taking control of their own health.”
– Dr. Larry Chu, Executive Director, Stanford Medicine X
“Sit down, loosen your mind, and settle into this book. It’s an extraordinary, liberated tour of what health and treatment will be like when we no longer starve for information and when everything physical is digital – which is far closer than you think.”
– e-Patient Dave deBronkart, e-patient thought leader, speaker, author
“Only few have the gift of being transformative ánd using it; Dr. Bertalan Mesko is one of them. This book bridges Hype, Hope & reality in a way that fits both the world of technology and medicine. Definitely a must read if you’re on the intersection of technology & medicine.”
– Lucien Engelen, Director of the Radboud REshape Innovation Center
“An easy to read guide to future health. Introducing recent history and everyday examples of progress as evidence of trends, it looks to the future of health technologies and their interactions with everyday lifestyle with informed optimism, avoiding unnecessary jargon. Covering areas from personal health recording to cheap DNA sequencing and AI assistance, it shows how the reader can take control of their own health and the many future opportunities for improving it. It also explores when we will get the technologies we see in sci-fi movies. All of this makes it a compelling but easy-going read.”
– Ian Pearson, Futurologist, Author of You Tomorrow
“Dr. Bertalan Mesko has written an amazingly interesting book that explores the future of medicine and how it will affect our health. As a transhumanist and politician, I highly recommend this book to all those who are interested in how technology is going to impact our bodies and change our lives.”
– Zoltan Istvan, futurist and US Presidential candidate
“Three in one, My Health: Upgraded is a didactic snapshot of digital health today and to come, a practical “how-to” guide on self-tracking, and responses to real “questions from the audience”. And Dr. Bertalan Mesko dares to answer them all. While I see many digital health books and articles, My Health:Upgraded is definitely not to be missed!”
– Denise Silber, Founder of Doctors 2.0 and You
“This one is just fantastic, an encyclopedic work by one of the recognized experts. No need to “Google” about the future of medicine, this book is like a search-engine on itself, about the amazing facts & possibilities of our health, but upgraded!”
– Dr. Rafael J. Grossmann, FACS, Surgeon, Healthcare Futurist & Innovator