It’s a great pleasure to announce that this Thursday I will launch the Social Media in Medicine university course again at Semmelweis University in Budapest. 12 weeks, 12 extended topics, two surveys and one exam.
I cannot wait to start working with the medical students who would like to learn about using social media as professionals. The materials are available in The Social MEDia Course.
Here is the timeline:
- Introduction to social media and medicine
- Medical search engines and the Google story
- Being up-to-date with RSS and education 2.0
- Mysteries of medical blogging
- Using Twitter from the medical perspective
- Medical communities and using the Internet in a safe way
- The era of e-patients
- Wikipedia: the power of masses
- Medical wikis and online collaboration
- Healthcare 2.0 and organizing a medical practice online
- New media and mobile apps
- The future of medicine and virtual worlds