In my opinion, the best medical Tv-series is House. Just like the best fictional doctor is Gregory House. I’ve seen the first season several times. Hugh Laurie received the 2006 and 2007 Golden Globe Awards for Best Actor in a Drama. See List of House awards on Wikipedia. While reading this post, listen to the soundtrack of House:
Sometimes my friends tell me that I’m just like House: ironic, sarcastic and occasionally arrogant. Look, I’ve grown up with real English humor: Benny Hill, Monty Python, You Rang, M’Lord?, so my manner of thinking became similar to theirs. Now I see a part of the world like House. Being sarcastic helps me handle problems easier in life. Here are some of my favourite quotes from him:
- Are you comparing me to God? I mean, it’s great, but so you know, I’ve never made a tree.
- Like I always say, there’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me,’ though, if you jumble it up.
- Treating illness is why we became doctors. Treating patients is actually what makes most doctors miserable.
- This thing won me second place in the clinic’s weekly ‘Weirdest thing pulled out of an orifice’ contest.
- Heart transplant. Immune system’s in the toilet, Mommy builds her little angel a John Travolta-quality bubble.
- What else turns you on? Drugs? Casual sex? Rough sex? Casual rough sex? I’m a doctor, I need to know.
And the best feature is the page of research to help fuel all your hypochondriacal tendencies. Yes, Research. You can find out how they came up with those weird ideas and stories. Take an example, season 3, episode 11 (Words and Deeds):
At last, I couldn’t resist, forgive me! Don’t miss this video called House MD – MadTV Spoof: