- The increasing use of social media to recruit patients for clinical trials (Pharma Strategy Blog): There are more and more news ways for patients to find ongoing clinical trials and also for pharma companies to find interested patients.
- ResearchGATE and Its Savvy Use of the Web (BusinessWeek): The world’s biggest scientific community site has over 200,000 members and an official blog which I’m a co-author of.
- Buzzwords in Academic Papers (Flowing Data)
- 20 People Who Make Healthcare Better (Health Leaders Media)
- FDA Social Media Guidelines Best Done in Baby Steps (Pharma Marketing Blog)
- Hacked Wiimote Makes Super Scientific Sensor (Wired Science)
To gamers, $40 may seem like a steep price to replace a Wii remote controller, but to scientists, a hacked Wiimote is a steal compared to the pricey sensors needed for a lot of field research.
Inspired by videos of renowned hacker Johnny Chung Lee turning the Wiimote into a finger-tracking device and a touchscreen white board, physicist Rolf Hut of Delft University of Technology built a Wiimote wind sensor.