After a successful endocrinology/nephrology exam (the next one is gynecology), I have to share the best blogposts I’ve read recently with you. This is the fourth edition of BlogMix where I try to show you the best of the medical-scientific blogosphere of the week.
- The DIY Guide to Becoming a (Real) Cyborg (from Free Geekery)
10 ideas how to become a cyborg. I loved the 9th one: Refuse to Live with Your Genes… Should I really? I just love all of them!
- Forbes and Genetics Season 5 (from The Gene Sherpa)
- The Haplotype Challenge (from Omics! Omics!)
In yesterday’s speculation about chasing rare diseases with full human genome sequences, I completely ignored one major challenge: haplotyping.
- What do the results of a Deep SNP test mean? (from The Genetic Genealogist)
Often, at least at the current stage of genetic genealogy, DNA sequencing does not reveal enough information to identify a person’s particular Y chromosome or mtDNA haplogroup. The example I will be using in this post is Haplogroup E.
- DNA Testing in the Czech Republic (from Eye on DNA)
I should write a post about DNA testing in Hungary.