My upcoming book, The Guide to the Future of Medicine, will become available on Amazon.com in black&white paperback, colored paperback and Kindle formats in a few days, therefore I thought I would share an excerpt of the table of contents revealing what trends are featured and described in details through stories and a lot of pictures in the book.
Through these, I try to prove that we can use more and more disruptive technologies in medicine while successfully keeping the human touch.
Please feel free to comment on these trends here or by using the #medicalfuture hashtag on Twitter.
- Empowered Patients
- Gamifying Health
- Eating in the future
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Telemedicine and Remote Care
- Re–thinking the Medical Curriculum
- Surgical and Humanoid Robots
- Genomics and Truly Personalized Medicine
- Body Sensors Inside and Out
- The Medical Tricorder and Portable Diagnostics
- Do–It–Yourself Biotechnology
- The 3D Printing Revolution
- Iron Man: Powered exoskeletons and prosthetics
- The End of Human Experimentation
- Medical Decisions via Artificial Intelligence
- Nanorobots Living In Our Blood
- Hospitals of the Future
- Virtual–Digital Brains
- The Rise of Recreational Cyborgs
- Cryonics and Longevity
- What Will a Brand New Society Look Like?