Gerontology or geriatrics is a very important topic not only because of the growing number of elderly people but also because the special nature of the related conditions. Webicina’s new Geriatrics and Social Media collection features relevant and quality social media resources from blogs and podcasts to community sites and Twitter users focusing on this area.
Here is my top 10 social media selection for Geriatrics:
- GeriPal (blog)
- POGOe – Portal of Geriatric Online Education (clinical resource)
- Geriatric Nursing (podcast)
- CareGiving (community site)
- The American Geriatrics Society Like (Facebook group)
- Wen Dombrowski MD (Twitter)
- American Geriatrics (Twitter)
- GeriPsych Consult (mobile app)
- Health AGEnda (blog)
- John A. Hartford Foundation (Youtube)
There are many similarly great resources on Geriatrics and Social Media collection!
And PeRSSonalized Geriatrics, the simplest, free, customizable, multi-lingual medical information aggregator will let you follow these resources easily in a personalized way.
Feel free to share any of these resources and let us know if you think others should be added.