In 2010, I had over 500 posts on Scienceroll, had almost 500,000 pageviews, over 1100 feed readers and won Medgadget’s Weblog Awards in the Best Medical Technology Blog category. I gave 64 presentations about social media and medicine in 8 countries and flew 26 times. I managed to publish the first paper in my PhD and finished two semesters of the Internet in Medicine credit course. I became more active for professional reasons on Facebook, Twitter became my main channel for communication and fell in love with Androids.
Here are the summeries of what happened in medicine and healthcare in 2010 month by month:
- Apple iPad in Healthcare: Pros and Cons
- Internet-Based Medical Television: MDiTV
- Online Medical Radio Channels
- Return on Investment in Social Media
- Un-Facebooking Tips for Medical Professionals
- Pathway Genomics: I spit again
- Web 2.0 in Action in Hospitals
- Organizing people in real time
- Scienceroll.com: Medgadget Weblog Awards Winner!
- Fitness and Web 2.0: The Collection
- Kickbee: Not the youngest Twitter user any more
- From Twitter to the New York Times
- E-Patients: Please Have Your Voices Heard!
- An E-Patient Twitter Success Story
- Pathway Genomics: Let’s see my genes
- Leadership Lessons Through Dance
- Colonoscopy Song: Best Hits
- Volcano vs People: Social Media Shines
- Health 2.0 Paris: Presenting Webicina.com
- Pharma in Social Media: Selected Resources, Dynamic Collections
- Dissemination of health information through social networks
- 2 Conferences and 3 Days in Berlin
- Abandoned Soviet Clinic
- Is Your Facebook Account Safe?
- Twitter Tips for Health Professionals
- Organ donation on Web 2.0
- Introducing the Webicina Advisory Board
- Medical Community in China
- Chinese Medical Community Site: Interview with the Founder
- Private Practice Social Media Policy
- iPads in Healthcare
- AIDS/HIV in Social Media
- Definition of Health 2.0 and Medicine 2.0
- Scientific Journal in the 21st Century
- Twitter Doctors: The Most Influental Docs on Twitter
- Sexual Health and Web 2.0
- Internet moderitis: New disease in mental health
- HealCam: Chatroulette in Medicine
- Doctors as rockstars? Pharmarep Stories
- Pink Glove Dance
- Twitter Maps Emotional State of the USA
- 2010 startup success, Siri: Healthcare Implications?
- Drugs and Pills: Best Apps and Tools Online
- Drug Side Effects and Interactions Online
- Do you collect data about yourself?
- Science & Research: Selected Social Media Resources
- LillyPad: What happens when a pharma company dives into Social Media
- Roche Social Media Code of Conduct: Interview
- Public Health and Web 2.0
- The Future of Patients Video: Back and Forth
- MDLifeSucks: Share Your Story
- ‘Dance Your Ph.D.’ Finalists Announced
- 10+8 Simple Rules for Editing Wikipedia
- Stem Cells and Web 2.0
- Sounds of HIV: Unique!
- Digital Pharma East: Review
- Has Your Doctor Received Drug Company Money?
- Electronic Medical Records on iPad
- Interview with Dr. Flea
- Facebook stories and scandals: Mayo Clinic deals with them
- Looking for medical iPhone and Android apps?
- Obesity in Social Media
- Internet in Medicine: 2000 vs 2010
- AMA Guidelines for Physicians in Social Media
- Augmented Reality For Color Blindness
- What is TeleBaby?
- 24 hours of an Emergency Department in South Africa
- 200 Healthcare Systems in 4 Minutes
Happy new year to You, Dear Readers and see you in 2011!